Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Modern Italian Beachhouse

Stylist Annette Jackson had her amazing Italian beach house featured over at Design Sponge and I was immediately drawn to the moody neutral and grey colour palette mixed with pops of orange and blue. 

I'm not normally a fan of traditional beach house style, but was pleasantly surprised by the modern take that Annette has made...



I love the way several different textures have been used throughout the home, like the stone wall and glass doors (below in the guest bedroom) and the entry way with the chalkboard wall (above) - this adds so much intrigue!


I adore the twin marble basin and the open shelving in the bathroom.


The marble theme has been carried through to the kitchen which perfectly complements the stainless steel and birch wood. The stand out for me in the kitchen are the statement lights that hang above the island bench - Annette had these specially shipped over from the US! Love!

What do you think of this modern take of beach house-style? 





Image credits: DesignSponge

7 comments:

  1. Black and white stripes and a casually placed Hermes bag? Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore it...stripe rugs, stone walls, gray bookcases ~ love it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes yes yes! this is such a stunning place -- each space is extremely pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the black and white rug but I'm such a traditionalist on the a-typical style of beach house! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love it!!!

    www.zizibloom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pendants hanging over the island bench.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! super! wonderful! I loved ur Interior Decoration of houses..

    Houses in Australia

    ReplyDelete