Friday, June 11, 2010

....And I'm Back

Hello loves!

Well it has been a few weeks now, apologies for my long hiatus, but things have been extraordinarily crazy with moving into our new place, some initial renovations and DIY projects, plus my day job has been keeping me insanely busy. But, I'm back on deck and oh how I have missed blogging! 

I will be spending the weekend visiting all of your beautiful blogs and catching up on what I have missed out on!

What inspired me to write this post and propelled me back into blogging tonight was the fab new Lonny issue. Specifically though, one of the lovely homes it featured in the issue has helped me look at my own interiors challenge in a completely new light.

The bathroom in our new apartment has a most bizarre layout which means the logical place for the hand basin doesn't allow for a mirror or vanity directly above. Without serious bathroom renovations, this would be impossible to change. 

Husband and I have been dreading how much our impending renovation would cost! But when I saw how fresh and sophisticated Ethan & Ari's bathroom renovation turned out on their West Village apartment, where they faced similar space and design challenges, I began to feel a whole lot better.


I love how they have cleverly (and practically) integrated the vintage mirror above the hand basin, yet have also installed a beautiful walnut above their towel rack as a feature. And a hidden medicine cabinet? Genius! 


On a side note, I have some sneak peaks of our new bedroom to share with you shortly. It's not finished yet, but its well on its way. Oh and we went with the grey in the end and SO glad we were game enough to try it - it looks amazing!!

Don't forget to check out the new issue of Lonny Mag here.

Its great to be back!






Images via Lonny Mag

No comments:

Post a Comment