Thursday, April 1, 2010

Happy 101 Awards {10 Things That Make Me Happy}

What I love about blogging most is all the super friendly people I have met along the way and all of the endless inspiration I discover daily through the many blogs out there in blog-land.

Which is why I am completely thrilled to have been nominated for my first ever blog award by the wonderful Judy from Verandah House! If you haven't checked out Judy's blog yet, I do urge you to visit - it is filled with delightful inspiration and she has such a great eye for fabulous interiors and trends.

The Happy 101 Blog Awards asks recipients to list their top 10 things that makes them happy...so here is my list!

1. My gorgeous husband

I feel incredibly lucky to have the most wonderful husband who is also my best friend.

2. Charlie

Charlie is the best dog in the world, although I am completely biased :) He is always guaranteed to bring smiles and laughter even after the most awful day imaginable.


 3. Magazines

Since the age of about twelve I have loved magazines. I cannot resist a stunning glossy cover and to prove it I have piles of lovely magazines all over our apartment! They fill me with inspiration and they are what started my love affair of fashion and interiors.
4. Running

I always feel fantastic after going for a long run or having a good session at the gym. Running regulary means I can indulge in my next love - cupcakes!

5. Cupcakes

When in New York I fell head over heels in love with the cupcakes from Magnolia Bakery. My cupcake standards have risen sharply since then and I am slowly working on perfect the art of baking a 'Magnolia standard' of cupcake ;)

  6. Fresh flowers, Peonies & Hydrangeas

 Fresh flowers are my guaranteed pick me up. I love having fresh flowers at home, they brighten any room. Peonies are my favourites, closely followed by hydrangeas.

 7. Inspiring interiors

I am continually inspired by interiors from blogs and magazines on a daily basis. My dream job would consist of renovating and redecorating houses...One day...

8. New York

Husband and I had a blissful honeymoon in NYC and figure we could easily live there. Everything about the city I completely adore - the shopping, food, theatre, West Village, Magnolia Bakery - heaven! Cannot wait to go back to New York.

9. Blogging

I am still new to blogging, but I have met so many lovely people and the constant inspiration I get from blogging amazes me.

10. Food, Family & Friends

My perfect weekend consists of good food, family and friends!

Now to pass this on to 10 of my favourite blogs - I come across so many blogs but these ones are particularly full of loveliness:


xx

Image credits:
Brabourne Farm
House of Turquoise
Decor Happy

5 comments:

  1. Very nice :) Congratulations. I'm very new to the blogging world but I have been a great fun of yours! I like your choice of things you love.
    TC, Anna @ Around My Table

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your first award! Well deserved! Love your list :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great list! Congratulations on the much-deserved award :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh, i love your list!! you & your husband are dashing & your puppy is adorable!! my boyfriend has a dog just like it & it has stolen my heart!!! love it!
    congrats on your award, you deserve it. your blog is amazing!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete